Dum Spiro Spiral

Posted by dot |

Howdy world!

A shot taken from Spiral, using her Lomo Fisheye
Let me tell you some things about my colleague, under the nickname Spiral. Who is the Spiral? Spiral -aka Santhi- is really difficult to describe in some lines. The Spiral is studying Graphic Design with me in a private college in Athens, Greece. I got to know her some 3 years ago, when we both were in the foundation year of the college, me still thinking that I'd become an interior designer (buts..alas, Graphic Design knocked my door and I really found my thing in this). At first, she passed rather unnoticed, being quiet and hard working. I started noticing her after a couple of months, when I saw the first specimens of her work....outstanding taste and style, with a remarkable quality of details and nice combinations of elements. That was the time that a bell rang in my head and I said to myself "ok, we've got something good here, so you'd better keep an eye on her". As the time passed I liked more and more her work, although we didn't talk that much and I never had the chance to tell her how much I appreciated her high style in the abyss of junk work around me... (sounding snobbish, I know...but, it's quite true). The first year ended and I finally decided I had to opt for Graphic Design because it was incomparably more intriguing in my mind. To my disappointment, Santhi announced me that she would be in another course, so I was rather sad to know that I 'd be all alone there...The year started and I struggled to find some good taste again but nothing too important hit me. After some months, something unexpected happened: Spiral started attending some courses in my group. I was so excited to see her around because I knew that I would see nice things again and I would have someone to rely on when I needed a clear and reasonable opinion about anything I designed myself. The year ended with many remarkable moments of brilliance with the superb personality of Santhi giving me constant inspiration in every single piece of my work. We're now both in the third year of studies and we said that we wouldn't begin if they didn't put us in the same class. This happened -thanks God- and I'm utterly happy because our bond is very strong now and we have so many thing in common. I sense that I've found my counterpart in the creative world. She knows what I mean before I even express it. She knows what I need before I even ask for it. She knows what I miss before I even show it. She's all that, plus an amazingly inspirational and brilliant mind that casts a constant light in the demanding path I've chosen to deal with in my life. 

Thank you S. You're my alter ego and I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you  around. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment